Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Blast from the Past


When I was 18 and a senior in high school, I wrote and illustrated a children's book. I resurrected this hand-made book from my closet today and here's one of my illustrations (more of a collage painting, really) from about mid-way into the book. The book is called Robby and the Switchmaster, and it is a story about the why the stars appear in the sky each night.

The text that accompanies the above illustration is as follows:

"Robby was sad, too, so he gathered his paints and sketchbook and sat on a rock by the river and painted. Robby missed the sky so much that he began to paint the sky as he remembered it. He painted little sparks of light and big shooting stars."


1 comment:

  1. Wow, C--great art from the past. Very suprising--mature. Love it! T

    ReplyDelete