Monday, May 07, 2007

Hot Wax & Wax Wings


Yesterday, accompanied by the lovely Laughing Crow, I participated in the second annual Encaustic Day! at Ms. Artist B's home. She gracefully offered her artistic space (and supplies) for seven hours of our intent creating. By the end of the day, L.C., Ms. B., and I were up to our elbows in wax, pigment, and collage materials, all of which came together to produce our dynamic creations. It was a thoroughly inspiring day and I learned how fruitful it can be to share collage materials. I realize that I've been getting a bit bored with some of my images and supplies. Using new images and found objects sparked some new ideas and I felt like I was able to go in some new directions with my work.


The piece here is one of my creations. Since my new encaustics are newborns after all, I haven't named them yet. Can you help me name this one?

These new pieces, as well as several others, will be shown in my next Roosevelt Art Walk show on Thursday, June 14 (6-9pm). More details to come...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an American Goldfinch wearing a black hood... Is he the executioner? Was there a Canada Warbler in his ancestry?

    He's probably looking at that sign and chirping, "I don't speak Myna!"


    Soapy

    ReplyDelete