Sunday, December 16, 2007

Art Show-ness

Last Thursday I held the fifth Rising Bird Healing Arts Holiday Art Show. I was joined by the lovely and talented Kristin Stubbs, whose jewelry pieces added an extra sparkle to the night.

Guests, with their supportive comments and pocketbooks, looked adoringly at art, tried on (and re-tried on) jewelry, and drank their fill of wine--and then some.


Kristin Stubbs' beautiful branches which displayed her earrings, necklaces and bracelets became quite bare by the end of the evening. There was much oohing and ahhing over her semi-precious stone creations, and I was lucky enough to obtain two of her necklaces for myself!

By the end of the night, I had sold many art cards and prints as well as four original pieces, with a few "reserved" for guests still contemplating the possible new additions to their households. So, in my usual way, I will say goodbye to those pieces that have flown the flock:

"...and the Cheetah Jumped Over the Moon"
"Winter Solstice"
"Make Some Sound"
"Arrive"

Thanks to all those who attended or wanted to attend (your good thoughts mean a lot to me!). Your encouragement, support, and good cheer remind me that creating and sharing art is a powerful way to connect to one another. I feel fortunate to be able to share my creations with you.

My next show will likely take place in March of 2008. If you, or anyone you know, creates three-dimensional art (jewelry, pottery, sculpture, clothing, etc.) and would like to participate in my March show, send me an email!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I couldn't make it.
    I was hiding from death.

    ReplyDelete