Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Worry in Wax

"Kidney in Flight," mixed media collage with wax, 8" x 10"


"Heal," mixed media collage with wax, 4" x 6"


Tonight I did some art therapy. Words have been difficult to piece together to form coherent thoughts, so tonight I expressed my concern, sadness, worry, and hope with collage images, paint, and wax. Three days ago I learned that my dad has kidney cancer. It seems that is all I can say for now. Those words were tough enough to write. Perhaps creating art will lead to more words, for I know that I will need words through all of this. Language, like art, is healing for me, and it is essential.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sending all our good thoughts and wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking of you and your family, Courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Courtney,

    Thank you for showing us other ways to process pain and worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your father. I'm thinking of you and praying for him.

    ReplyDelete