Sunday, June 08, 2008

Wake Up!

mixed media collage with wax, 7" x 11"

Oh my, has it been difficult to stay alert, awake, and bright-eyed these past few weeks here in Seattle. I've been feeling a bit zombie-esque. One day last week I woke up at 8am, had breakfast, went back to sleep until about 11:30, had lunch, took a nap, and then worked into the evening after such a restful day. This is the stuff of winter, not spring!

When the sun emerged for a bit this afternoon, I couldn't help but take part in it. Walaka and I took a walk to Greenlake. I felt my body wake up as we walked in the sunshine. As my eyes soaked in the blue spots of sky, I took some deep breaths. I filled my body with light and fresh air for the first time in days. Perhaps this dose of weather medicine will allow me to endure a few more days of gray.


No comments:

Post a Comment