Saturday, August 23, 2008

Two-Art-Piece-Saturday

Mixed media collage: "Lady and Bug," 5" x 6"


Mixed media collage: "Buddha and Fish," 4" x 6"

So much needs to be done, and yet all I want to do is create art (and watch Hitchcock movies and cry a little and stare at flowing water and pet my cats and nap). I'm behind on so many details, and must get cracking on these soon. My closet seems to be a physical representation of my mind right now, too: cluttered, full, and on the verge of causing injury. For now I am just keeping the door shut so I don't have to look at it (well, I'm trying to keep it closed, but the piles of clothes are creating quite the obstruction). I feel like I am channeling my inner thirteen-year-old these days. Why does it take so much energy to actually hang clean clothes up?

Since this is Saturday and all -- and a beautiful day at that -- I figure I can have a two-art-piece-Saturday and save most of the logistics for tomorrow...or the next day. So if you're feeling a little lack-luster today in the Getting Things Done Department, I give you permission to press snooze on your "to do" list. Sound good? I feel a bit better now about my own suspended tasks. I hope you feel better, too.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney...your message was perfect for me today. I will even turn off the computer to fully rest a much needed rest.

    I read the article on your dad. You have a lot to be very proud of. A great teacher, leader, father and from your writings..friend. sending much love and a gentle hug.

    ReplyDelete