Sunday, December 14, 2008

An Art Show for a Good Cause

One of the altars I created in my massage room for the evening.

This last Thursday (December 11) marked my very first charity art show. An Art Show for a Good Cause was well attended with approximately 50 people passing through between 6:00 and 9:00pm. I sold 17 original art pieces, as well as several prints and cards of my work. At one point in the night, I was shocked to discover so many walls with lonely nail hooks and square and rectangular bare spots.

Best of all, I will be able to donate close to $600 to the Kidney Cancer Association in honor of my dad. That number is astounding to me (I would never be able to donate that amount of money to a charity on my own. Nothing even close!), and I feel so grateful that the result of my creative (and healing) hours with wax and found images and paint was able to generate money to this cause so close to my heart.

A display of the many altered photographs of my dad and writing I've done over the past several months.


Thank you to those who attended to support my art (and my cause) and for those who weren't able to make it, yet sent their good wishes. I appreciate you all!

Kristin Stubbs, the talented jewelry artist who joined me for the event, poses with me at the end of our long evening.

In my next post, I'll indicate which pieces "flew the coop" for this show. (BTW, several very new pieces were sold -- pieces I haven't even had a chance to post on this blog yet.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you. I didn't have access to the computer and was blown away when the kids told me how many pieces you sold and what you were able to donate.

    ReplyDelete