Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Creativity in Me, Creativity in the Buddha

"Buddha's Creativity," encaustic, "10" x 13"


"My painting is always ahead of my understanding. It is a sort of teaching process for myself, a way of spiritual knowledge." - Peter Rogers

"Art provides a healing force which aids both the maker and the viewer..." -Richard Newman

"Creative breakthroughs are experiential. They don't come from intellectual analysis." -Lucia Capacchione

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." - Thomas Merton


3 comments:

  1. mmmmm, what a great collection of quotes to accompany this soothingly beautiful peace/piece. I sense a deep wonder-ing calmly incubating. So lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Lotus Blossom. May your coming year be full of peace and wisdom.

    Jon and Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ... I've uploaded this image as my screensaver ... So refreshing ... thank you, Courtney :-)

    I've tagged your blog ... at http://ichingquotes.blogspot.com/ ...

    Jaliya :-)

    ReplyDelete