Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Inter-being with My Cup

Filling My Cup Half Full, mixed media collage, 6" x 7"

"Nothing can exist by itself alone. It has to depend on every other thing. That is called inter-being. To be means to inter-be. The paper inter-is with the sunshine and with the forest. The flower cannot exist by itself alone; it has to inter-be with soil, rain, weeds, insects....

A glass can be empty or full of tea, but in order to be either empty or full, the glass has to be there. So emptiness does not mean non-being, and it does not mean being either. It transcends all concepts. "

Thich Nhat Hanh, No Death, No Fear



3 comments:

  1. Whoah - purple! Purple and chartreuse! What have you done with the real Courtney? :)


    (wv: poonk - a young Scottish upstart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the spirit and the execution of this are beautiful, Courtney. I think the richness of the color purple is perfect for your theme. My e-mail conversations with you this week have been so inspiring. I've reflected a great deal about my purpose and the purpose of my art, and I've made some newplans because of my introspection. Thank you so much.

    Love,
    Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alberta,

    I'm so glad that you have been feeling inspired by your introspection!

    My newsletter is now out! Have you seen it yet?

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete