Thursday, March 05, 2009

Just Barely Emerging

I worked on encaustics for a good, solid span of four hours today (here's my trick: this is what I do when my business is a little slow!). I worked on several pieces, and I seemed to be playing with the image of spring--spring emerging, spring dormant, spring hopeful, spring elusive, and so on. I clearly have spring fever or spring-itis or restless spring syndrome (RSS!).

With my mask strapped on and my heat gun in hand, I took over the kitchen and made a royal mess (sorry, Walaka!). Here is one of my creations from today:


Just Barely Emerging, mixed media encaustic, 8" x 10"


6 comments:

  1. this is so evocative, courtney. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love owl imagery - this is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is bautiful Courtney.
    The colors feel new too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Courtney,
    This took my breath away. It is just enchanting: the textures, the owl, the delicate colors. I could meditate on this image forever. If only I could wish myself right into those mists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the love, you all. I was experimenting with colors that are rather new to me (your intuition was right on, Binky), and also with a more ethereal style.

    That owl just arrived -- flew in the window and landed on the wax. At least it felt that way. :-)

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete