Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vernal Tricks

Vernal Tricks, mixed media encaustic, 8" x 10"

We're in this season of vernal tricks: simultaneously, hail pelts the earth and the sun warms the sidewalk. Frost hardens garden beds and the green heads of daffodils open their tongues to the sky. It is the time of year where I feel like an acrobat, tightrope walking the edge of winter, fearing I'll fall back into its depths, and hula hooping my way into sexy spring, my hips loose and uninhibited. This in-between time is a tad erratic, a smidgen hopeful, and certainly confusing.

How are you feeling as we roll into the season of green?


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic arwork C!! How do I feel? I feel COLD, I am craving warmth; my body won't go outside into the early morning frost even if the sky is blue and clear because said Body is ON STRIKE against exposing herself to cold weather. I don't want to see one more flake of snow; don't want to wake up to one more sub-30d morning. How's that for a pre-spring manifesto? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is quite the pre-spring manifesto, T! It's clear that your body is craving warmth! When spring arrives (this weekend, right?) may it drag some warmth along with it!

    C

    ReplyDelete