Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Nest Becomes Art

My neighbor and good friend Juliet gave me this abandoned nest she found. It has been sitting in my yard for a couple weeks as I wasn't sure what to do with it. (I also wondered if another bird might scoop it up and re-use it. Do birds do that?)


Then I realized that my black bird statue, the one that guards the entrance to my massage space, was a little lonely with nothing to look after. So I gave my rusting bird the nest.


And I decorated the nest with some ribbon. I also set in some white stones I had collected at my friend Nedra's house and added a little hope for good measure.


My black bird seems to like this new situation, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. i love it, and yes, your blackbird seems engaged and curious. makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY! :) I feel like she is guarding hope for me, too. Lots of miracles to you...k-

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very clever, C. I love seeing it every time I pass your door.

    ReplyDelete