Thursday, July 23, 2009

Art Show Loveliness

Last Saturday (July18) my friend Patricia Catherine and I had an art show together in her home studio. It was a lovely affair with colorful art, refreshing refreshments (it was a hot day!), and may lovely discussions and connections were had.

In addition to the general merriment of the event, I said goodbye to two pieces: Just Barely Emerging and Manifestation in addition to several cards and prints. Ah, there they go out into the world....

Patricia's studio is beautifully lit (skylights above and windows surrounding) and each time I see her space I drool just a bit more, hoping that someday I will have a studio space that I can keep arty (and messy).

Thank you, Patricia, for collaborating with me and for sharing your creative space with all who attended! (And once again, thank you Walaka, for your expert help with set-up, clean-up, and overall art show management guy duties.)

Here are some colorful pictures from the event (click pics for larger views):










My wall of encaustic paintings.











Patricia's home with her oils and pastels in the background.











Patricia talks with art viewers (her incredible studio is in the background).











My friend Nedra and I discuss my piece On a Wire.

* * * *
My next show: Friday, August 14, 2009 at Makeda Coffee for the Phinney/Greenwood Art Walk. Stay tuned for more details...

1 comment: