Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Makeda Art Show

Last Friday, August 14, I entered the world of the Greenwood-Phinney Art Walk by participating in the opening of my encaustic art show at Makeda Coffee.

Makeda is vibrant and colorful, cheerful and comfortable, and it is a perfect place to showcase my art for the next month. (So if you weren't able to make the opening and would like to keep my waxy pieces company for a bit, you have more time!)

Makeda's chocolate-colored walls make my encaustics "pop" off the walls.

Many beautiful souls attended to look at art, to re-connect (a spontaneous high school reunion took place!), to partake in Makeda's refreshing refreshments, and to purchase art, art prints, and greeting cards.

Prashanthi Reddy, owner of Makeda, poses with our dear friends and their cutie-pie.


Friends who haven't seen each other in years reconnect & enjoy art.


What made this show extra special was that I was joined by the talented Corbin Lewars, also known as Reality Mom, who sold her fantastic zines and added warmth and creative energy to the evening. Corbin joined me for the evening because my art is featured in her zine -- and will be included in Reality Mom for a whole year. Thank you, Corbin! (If you'd like to subscribe to Corbin's zine, it's only $12/year for four issues and you can subscribe using PayPal if you visit her blog or website! Corbin is also looking for moms to contribute their writing to her issues, so email her at reality_mom@yahoo.com if you have a story to tell.)

Walter, master of art ceremonies, helps Corbin set up her zine booth.


Corbin and I pose for a late night picture.
We're both a bit tired and hot, but happy nonetheless.


For this show I said goodbye to Coming to an Understanding, Touched by 34 Suns, and Nature's Fireworks. I wish you well in your new homes!


2 comments:

  1. wow, what a lovely way to say goodbye to your pieces! I always think of my art as children and I always hope they find good homes! blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I view my pieces like children going out into the world, too! I love to think of my pieces in their new homes living new lives....

    ReplyDelete