Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Rhetoric of Green


So I have a magnificent friend named Sarah Slaone, author of the amazing and insightful The I Ching for Writers, who made it possible for me to have my first paid (!) art piece for the cover of a publication.

Above is what the publication is going to look like. My encaustic piece, Family Gathering, became the main scene for this Colorado University system college reader, which has a circulation of about 1,800.

Pretty groovy! And a big thank-you goes out to Sarah for championing my work!

10 comments:

  1. Court, this is fantastic news and a beautiful piece. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Courtney!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very groovy indeed. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Courtney. Your Art will truly enhance the content of that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your site and congratulations! your cover is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. big time congrats Courtney!! It's a beautiful piece and looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks for all the good vibes, everyone! My goodness, it's so lovely to feel all of your support and good cheer!

    wishing abundance to you all,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art is great :)

    Blessings Kelvin from
    Manifesting abundance

    ReplyDelete