Saturday, October 17, 2009

Going BIG!

I had an itch today. This itch would not be satisfied without my attempting to create a large art piece. I guess this desire is reflecting a current feeling inside of me. I'm feeling like I want to be a bit larger these days, too. I want to take up more space, feel expansive, reach out in all directions, arms spread wide.

I tend to work small and small-ish. Today, though, I pulled out a large-ish rectangular canvas and painted with arcylic and then coated it in encaustic wax. Here are the results of my BIG efforts (click on each image for a closer view):


Leaves, Booms, and Roots, encaustic painting on canvas, 15" x 30"

Here are some close up shots for more detail:


Be bold, be big, be expansive! See what happens when you take up space in your art and in your life!

6 comments: