Monday, February 15, 2010

Art Journaling in a Day Planner


I love opportunities to create art in unusual, creative, or surprising places. My latest art journey has taken me to the pages of a beautiful bird-themed day planner I received from my friend Nedra. With it's large size (very long pages) and bird imagery quotations sprinkled throughout, I couldn't help myself: I had to start collaging and painting and drawing on the pages. (Click on each image for a larger view.)

Above I'm showing the last week of 2009. I've been trying to keep up on the weeks, but I'm not quite into February yet. But I plan to post my visual journal entries here for a while since my art life is a little bit on hold due to my teaching gig. What's so lovely about working on these entries is that I can do them quickly when I have a burst of inspiration; I can be messy; and I can express myself in potent ways by tapping into my right brain's artistic lair.

How is your right brain's artist lair these days? How can you find quick ways to integrate image-making into your life?

1 comment: