Saturday, April 17, 2010

Turbo Art after Turbo Tax







Here are six visual journal pieces I created in a relatively short period of time after I completed my taxes. After number crunching madness, I had to work with words and images! As I have mentioned before, sometimes art-making feels like a physical urge -- one which is certainly connected to an emotional and spiritual need.

Life hasn't been easy lately. Art keeps me afloat. So does writing, but sometimes I don't seem to have the words.

Does art or writing keep you afloat during difficult times? I know I am not alone here, but it is always good to know that there are others sitting at their art desks in moments of sadness or stress or grief or frustration (or even joy and inspiration) using their creativity as a salve for the soul.

(Click on an image to see it in a larger view.)

4 comments:

  1. beautifull post love the 2 of the beginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing keeps me afloat like a single breath in a rubber raft.

    Sharing the writing with others keeps me afloat like an actual life preserver.

    ReplyDelete