Monday, August 16, 2010

Farewell, Quiet Girl

Quiet Girl Gallery began as the blog for my written and artistic musings. Today I say goodbye to Quiet Girl, as I have merged my two blogs (Quiet Girl and The Healing Nest) and moved them to WordPress Land.  You can find my new blog here: http://healingnest.wordpress.com/

I'm still working out some of the kinks in WordPress, but this is my new home for bloggerhood. I will be posting art pieces, writing and art prompts, personal essays, wellness and healing articles, and more!

Quiet Girl is still part of me, though she is much more empowered than she used to be. She is speaking her mind and expressing herself more than ever -- more than the quiet child she used to be.  I feel it's time that she reveal her strength. Strength can come in the form of silence or quietude, and it has taken me years and years to realize this.  Words are important, silence is important.  It's nice to have a balance.

The art piece above is a panel from a large mixed media piece I created in college called This is the Apartment Where the Quiet Girl Lives.  Quiet Girl, the part of me who was timidly quiet growing up, will always be a part of me, and there will always be a part of me who champions those Quiet Girls out there, telling them, "It's okay to wait before you speak!  It's okay to be quiet!  It's okay to be more contemplative than outgoing!" And I also say to that Quiet Girl inside of me, "Your voice matters!  Speak if you want to!  You are strong!"  Both messages can exist at the same time and I embrace them both. A little yin, a little yang.

Thank you all for your visits and comments to this blog and I would love it if you moved along with me to The Healing Nest on WordPress.

Much love,
Courtney

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know that, while the quiet girl now has a voice, she is an integral part of you and always will be! Found your blog - next to mine in the blogcatalog - and I'll go visit your other one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your growth and expansion!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Ankara merkezli sıramatik sistemleri kurulum ve teknik destek hizmetleri
    siramatik Türkiye'de hizmet ve faaliyetlerini sürdürmektedir.

    ReplyDelete